What is Bring and Buy / Auction Store?
Bring and Buy works like a flea market, where people bring in games they want to sell and set a price in advance. The games are laid out a series of tables and shelves, and attendees can purchase the games for a fixed-price as decided by the seller of the game. Prices are set at 3 tiers, so the prices drop the longer the store is open.
When and Where
- Saturday, in the Belmont Room (in the front part of the hotel)
- Game Check-in: 11AM – Noon
- Store Opens / Early Price: Noon
- Middle Price: 1 PM
- Late Price: 2 PM
- Store Closes: 3PM
- Sellers paid out: ~4PM
Fine Print (for Sellers)
- You must fill out the following 2 forms. The excel file must be e-mailed in advance to email@example.com or brought to the event on a USB drive (or CD/DVD, etc). The Item Sheets should be printed out and filled in, and attached to the games for sale using painters tape. We will have a limited number of blank forms for any walk-in sellers, but we highly prefer that you print and fill these out in advance. It’s fine to leave the badge number blank and fill that information in when you arrive at the convention.
- EQ Auction Store Registration Form (1 to list all of your games – e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring on a USB drive)
- EQ Auction Store Item Sheet (1 per game, these should be taped onto the games using painter’s tape and do NOT need to be e-mailed in advance) (NOTE: This form is not designed to be editable on your computer in Microsoft Word or other software – please print these out blank and fill in by hand using a pen)
- There is a $0.25 registration fee per-game that is non-refundable
- We will deduct this fee as part of the seller payout – no need to pay during game check-in.
- There is no limit or restrictions on the price you set for your games
- For games that sell, EuroQuest will take 10% of the sale price as a handling fee (rounded to the nearest $0.25 in the seller’s favor). For example, a game that sells for $20, EuroQuest will take $2 and give $18 to the seller.
- For games that don’t sell at all, EuroQuest will charge an additional $0.25 processing fee (on top of the $0.25 registration fee)
- If your balance is negative (because none of your games sell), you must pay the required fees to reclaim your games during payout time.
- You must show your badge at payout time to claim your earnings and reclaim unsold games.