You can find additional background information on Z-Man’s website
Pandemic Survival at EuroQuest 2016
Session #1: Saturday, November 05, 2016, 1PM
Session #1: TBD (This will be either Friday evening, or some time on Sunday)
Location: Pimlico Room (Subject to Change)
How to Register your team
- You must pre-register your team with EuroQuest staff prior to EuroQuest to be guaranteed a spot in the Event!
- All Teams are 2-person Teams.
- The 2 sessions (Friday + Saturday) will be different scenarios, and your team can participate in either or both of these sessions
- Please Click this Link to open a pre-generated e-mail with the basic information filled out for you. You must fill in the required Team Member information (Name, E-Mail, Phone #).
What is Pandemic Survival?
Pandemic Survival is an “extreme” version of Pandemic where up to 12 teams of 2 players will face each other in an epic battle to save the world. Their goal: to be the first team to find all four cures, or to be the last team still alive at the end of the game.
In this tournament-style version of the game – that cannot be found anywhere else – all teams will face the same problems: their player cards will all be placed in the same order before the game; the infected cities are the same for everyone; the Epidemics strike at the same time for all teams; every team has the same role cards. The only difference is the decisions they will make! Their strategic choices will lead each team in different directions, and one strategy will pay off in the end and lead to victory. The game master will call out the Infection cards, while other scour the tables to see if any of the team have succumbed to the Pandemic.
You will never know what other teams are up to, because a screen separates each board, immersing you in your own game.
Different strategies will emerge, but which one will lead you to victory? Will you be the first to find all four cures? Or will all other teams succumb to the game and you will be the last ones standing? The only way to find out is to participate in this epic challenge!
Fine Print and Detailed Rules
- Players will participate as a 2-player team
- All teams will be playing an identical game (same Roles, Starting Hands, Infection Deck, and Player Deck)
- If all teams lose, the team that survives the longest number of turns (regardless of how many cures/outbreaks) is considered the winner
- If all teams win or lose simultaneously (on the same turn, or due to the player draw pile running out), the Winning Team is determined based on the following tiebreaking criteria (in this order)
- Most Number of Cures Found
- Fewest Number of Outbreaks
- Fewest Number of Cities with 3 cubes on them
- Fewest overall number of cubes on the board
- If still tied, all tied teams are declared winners
- Winners will automatically qualify to participate in the USA National Semi-Finals and Finals which will be held at GenCon 2017 in Indianapolis
- Z-Man may provide additional prize support for the winning teams at EuroQuest (To be Determined)