What is Bring and Buy / Auction Store?
Bring and Buy works like a flea market, where people bring in games they want to sell and set a price in advance. The games are laid out a series of tables and shelves, and attendees can purchase the games for a fixed-price as decided by the seller of the game. Prices are set at 3 tiers, so the prices drop the longer the store is open.
When and Where
- Saturday, in the Belmont Room (in the front part of the hotel)
- Game Check-in: 10AM – Noon
- Store Opens / Early Price: Noon
- Middle Price: 1 PM
- Late Price: 2 PM
- Store Closes: 3PM
- Sellers paid out: ~4PM
Fine Print (for Sellers)
- You must download and fill out the Registration Form and email it in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org (or bring it to EuroQuest on a USB drive, but you should expect significant check-in delays if you do). We will email you a set of Item Sheets which you will need to print, cut out, and attach to each game using painters tape or masking tape. We will have tape available at check-in, but we highly prefer that you print and attach these in advance.
- There is a $0.25 registration fee per game that is non-refundable
- If the Auction Store Registration Form (above) is not provided electronically, there will be an additional $0.25 processing fee per item
- We will deduct these fees as part of the seller payout – no need to pay during game check-in.
Prices must be set in whole dollar increments, and must drop by at least$1 from Early to Middle and from Middle to Late.
- For games that sell, EuroQuest will take 10% of the sale price as a commission (rounded to the nearest $0.25 in the seller’s favor).
- For example, a game that sells for $21, EuroQuest will take $2 commission and $.25 registration fee, and give $18.75 to the seller.
- For games that don’t sell at all, EuroQuest will charge an additional $0.25 processing fee (on top of the $0.25 registration fee)
- If your balance is negative (because none of your games sell), you must pay the required fees to reclaim your games during payout time.
- You must show your badge at payout time to claim your earnings and reclaim unsold games.