Designers: Andreas & Karen Seyfarth
Publishers: Rio Grande Games, Hans im Gluck, 999 Games
Boardgamegeek Info: Thurn and Taxis
Spiel des Jahres (German game of the year) 2006
GM: Lee Mewshaw
Demo: Thurs 10:30 AM
See schedule for heat times.
The top two finishers in the Final will receive a plaque.
A real challenge for strategists: build a new postal stagecoach operation. But what does the best connection look like? Do you plan a short but difficult route, play it safe instead? With the right strategy, this game lets players build routes and stagecoaches, found offices in cities and expand into new countries. All the while making good use of public departments and having a lucky hand when planning new routes. Thurn und Taxis: The mail’s here!
Number of players per game
4 players (preferred), there will be some three-player games as needed.
All rules from the game will be used. No variants will be used.
- The person with the 1 bonus chip
- Most houses left in stock. (That person accomplished the most with the least resources)
- The most scoring tokens
- Coin flip
- The top 16 players based on performance in the heats will be eligible for the semifinals. There will be four games in the semifinals, with the winners advancing to a four-player final.
- If enough eligible winners are not present for the semi-final, alternates may advance. Otherwise one or two 3-player games will be used.
- Elimination round games will be played with the base game only. The Power & Glory expansion may not be used.