Every year, the EuroQuest staff has volunteers fly out to the Essen Spiel convention in Germany in order to bring back some of the latest and greatest games being released, in order to make them available for you to play at EuroQuest before they are released in the USA!
2018 – If you are interested in participating in the game selection process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org expressing your interest. We generally begin the overall selection process shortly before GenCon in August so we can target acquiring new games at GenCon and then identify which games should be purchased directly from Essen SPIEL.
2017 – Unfortunately, due to a shift in the Essen SPIEL schedule to the weekend before EuroQuest, we will not be able to acquire titles directly from Germany to demo at EuroQuest. Instead, the new games area will feature all of the newest titles we are able to get a copy of in the USA. We still look forward to being able to introduce you to something new!
New Games Library
- The Essen and other new games will be kept in a separate New Games library (not with the regular GCOM Library).
- Demo times for the Essen games will be posted at the demo stands located in the demo area.
- You should not check out an Essen game when it will be needed for its scheduled demo.
- All of the indicated New / Essen games will be given away during the 9 PM Saturday prize drawing.
- Please note that the comment cards in the library area are ONLY for Play to Win Games. Submitting comments for Essen games do not earn you any extra chances to win those games as prizes.
2017 Essen Games
Essen Games - 2017
|Game||Publisher||Designer||# Players||Play Time||Demos|
|Raiders of the North Sea||Garphill Games||Shem Phillips||2 - 4||1 - 2 Hours|
|Photosynthesis||Asmodee||Hjalmar Hach||2 - 4||30 - 60 Minutes|
|Bunny Kingdom||IELLO||Richard Garfield||2 - 4||40 - 60 Minutes|
|Wasteland Express Delivery Service||Pandasaurus Games||Jonathan Gilmour|
|2 - 5||1.5 - 2 Hours|
|Carcassonne over Hill and Dale||Z-Man|
White Goblin Games
Hans Im Gluck
|Klaus-Jürgen Wrede||2 - 5||30 Minutes|